Motor Vehicle Titling and Registration
The registration and recording of titles for motor vehicles in Texas is done in the county of residence. State law requires that the county Tax Assessor-Collector act as an agent for the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV).
Vehicle Registration Information:
- Registration Requirements
- Late Registration
- New Texas Residents
- Military Personnel Vehicle Registration & Titling
- Out of State Vehicle Registration & Titling
- Registration Renewal Online
- Registration Fees, Tax Rates and Penalties
- Disabled Parking Permits
- Forms - Vehicle Title and Registration
- Special License Plate Listing
- Frequently Asked Questions
All transactions require original signed documents. Faxed, scanned or emailed copies are not acceptable and signatures must be in ink. Information is based on actual owner transactions.